We are so excited to see our students' faces tomorrow morning in person! It's going to be a great week. This message is just to share a few pieces of information with you.
If you were unable to return your child's Chromebook & charger last week, please have your child bring it to the school on Monday morning (for in-person learners). Jr./Sr. High students will turn them in at the front hallway/entryway at the table set up. Elementary students will take them to the classroom where we will mark them with the child's name and then several of us will come around, pick them up and check them in by making sure they are in working order, the charger is attached and then wiping all of them down. Thanks for helping to make sure they are returned so we can be using them in the classrooms as quickly as possible.
Lots of great information is available by downloading the "ColemanComet" app to your phone or search "Coleman Community Schools, MI" for quick access to all things Coleman Schools. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Go to settings in the app to receive "PUSH" notifications from the district and/or either of the school buildings.
- Connect the District, Jr./Sr. High and/or Elementary calendar to your Google calendar by clicking the link in the picture on each of the Homepages for the schools.
- Breakfast/lunch menus are now accessible by clicking on your child's school then "Explore/Dining".
- Each year you receive a letter with details about how "Cold Days" are determined. The updated letter can be found at this link: https://5il.co/ox3r or under "Explore/Parents & Community/Weather & Closing Information" on our website/app.
- Calendars for this year (2020-2021 school calendar in two versions- calendar format https://5il.co/mf9c and Yearlong format https://5il.co/mf9d) and next year (2021-2022 school calendar- https://5il.co/mf9e) in case you are having trouble locating them or are looking to plan ahead. Find them in the future under "Explore/Parents & Community/School Calendars"
- Official school district/coach Facebook page links are listed on the Athletics homepage under the Jr./Sr. High School.
- Take a few minutes to explore the website or app and see all that is available for Comet parents and students. If you notice something you would like to see there, please email me at email@example.com
Have a great rest of your Sunday!
Jen McCormack, Supt.